Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Lemon Tree Movie

For Jews Only:

This morning I was reading Joel 3 and praying for the nation of Israel. I came home and saw there was a new Israeli movie entitled, "Lemon Tree," about the conflict in the West Bank which I am excited to see. I realized our blog would get some hits from people looking to hear about the film. So there is a preview below.

But I also wanted to share with the beloved nation of God the following prophetic Scripture from the Hebrew Bible. The prophet Isaiah said in the 53rd chapter (I encourage you to read the whole chapter! :),

He was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by his wounds we are healed.

I believe that Yeshua of Nazareth fulfilled these prophecies and dozens of others, and that He will come again to deliever the nation of Israel. I challenge you to ask God to confirm that Jesus is the Jewish Messiah, if it is true. I have Jewish friends and family that have done exactly that, and God has answered their prayers powerfully through miracles and Divine providence. You do not have to leave your Jewish ethnicity to beleive in the Jewish Messiah. Jesus was Jewish, and He does not expect you to leave your culture to follow Him. He desires to be the fulfillment of the hopes of your nation and for you as an individual. Trust Him and see what He can do!


No comments: